Wednesday, February 8, 2012

SALTY LIES


According the the CDC salt causes high blood pressure, which causes heart failure.


LIE


According to one of the clinical doctors (MS) we subscribe to, a doctor who does his own research of research findings worldwide, there have been around 17,000 research projects trying to link salt intake to heart disease. One, and only one, research found a connection, and that one reported that too LITTLE salt would cause arrhythmia issues.


The body NEEDS salt, and many people with heart rate issues are really suffering from too little sodium. That is a no brainer, for electrolytes are needed for the electrical impulses to flow normally in the body. 


Here is what I would do if I had arrhythmia issues, or rapid heart rate etc. I would try adding salt, magnesium, and potassium to my supplements. If the heart issues decrease or go away, I would ignore my doctor, and learn by experiment how much I need to add.


As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I have had to do all the time. If I go to bed, and I have an antsy feeling and my heart is skipping beats, I get up, pour a glass of orange juice, add about a third of a teaspoon of both salt and sodium bicarbonate to the orange juice, and sip it over about fifteen minutes. It is only a very short time before I am feeling fine, and my heart is beating normally.


Research has shown that Americans are almost all low on salt. The extra salt in food in the market place is no real danger at all. Add some iodine supplement (Lugol's Solution) also-- about 80% of all Americans are low in iodine. Two drops a day of orally prepared iodine is about right.


All doctors still tell patients to reduce their salt, even if they are normal on sodium. It is one of those magic little nanny moments doctors seem to feel justify their existence. It is, in fact, a crock. One is tempted to believe that the medical schools, most of which hire doctors on pay or gratuity from Big Pharma, WANT you low on salt to the Big Pharma will have another customer.


If this shocks you, that is, about salt, simply to to Google and search for discussions of salt intake.


No comments: